Sunday, March 8, 2009

Filled up and Loved Up

What an amazing, incredible, and so very much needed weekend! I got home feeling filled up from all the praise, and feeling loved from spending the weekend with such a special and wonderful friend.

I went down to Roseville on Friday to spend the weekend with a friend. We had tickets to go see Chris Tomlin Friday night in Sacramento. So we went downtown and had dinner and then went to the show. Israel Houghton opened for him. I know, you're probably thinking what I did... "Who is that?" Well, turns out he's written a ton of worship songs, all of which I knew. He was great! Then Chris Tomlin came out and rocked the auditorium. Can I just say that having live worship with 3000 other people led by Chris Tomlin is totally and completely moving?? It was so good. He sang for almost 2 hours. It was just flat... good. I absolutely recommend Chris's new cd!

Saturday my friend I hung out, went shopping, and ate way too much good food. :) We had quality time together filled with good conversation. It reminded me how perfectly and wonderful the Lord has provided for me and how much He loves me. I have been blessed with such special friends and people that I get to love and receive love from. I know I'm very lucky! And I know that I don't get to see my friend nearly enough. I left feeling like I just needed more time.

This morning we got up and went to church at Bayside in Granite Bay. I used to go to church there when I lived in Sacto... it's a beautiful church with a large congregation. Well, their pastor is currently in Kenya, so they are having guest pastors for a few weeks. Needless to say, the guest pastor today was Louie Giglio! He was fantastic! If you don't know who he is, look him up. He is affiliated with Chris Tomlin and many other great artists. He is one of the lead people for Passion Conferences/Crusades that happen on college campuses. He shared this morning about "grace", something that I don't think we can ever hear often enough! And he always shared a story on "Fruitcake and ice cream". It's too much to explain here, but look it up. It will move you!

All in all, I had an amazing weekend, and I came home wishing it didn't end quite so quickly. I am full of Him, and revived to start the week. I'm so grateful for the many blessings....

1 comment:

The Cohen's said...

I'm still jealous. :) But so glad your soul got what it needed to feel complete again.